It's that time of year again and Fix Your Face Radio will be heading to Denver in search of the filthiest bass parties to ring in the new year!! With so many choices this year to choose from during the week between X-Mas and NYE, I'd like YOUR input on who you'd like to see covered by FYFR! First off, not sure if I can make it up until after Christmas, but if if so, I def wanna hit up the Fox Theater for James Egbert and Ectocooler! Never seen Egbert before but I know Ectocooler puts on a great live show. This JE track here is a tad on the older side, but still a BANGER!, and I love this mashup by
The rest of the NYE party weekend pretty much starts on Friday the 28th this year. Here's the options!!
- Nobody Beats the Drum @ The Bluebird - A full on AUDIO/VISUAL Experience!!!
The smooth intelligent hip hop duo is back in Colorado for 2 nights in the Denver area-first @ the Marquis, then The Fox in Boulder, followed by 12.30.12 in Brekenridge @ 320 SOUTH. Formed in Los Angeles, CA, Thes One and the Double K have been together as People Under the Stairs since '97. Here's one of my favorite tracks-San Francisco Knights :)
Zomboy and Sub.mission's own Coult.45 are going to rip The Bluebird apart!!! Seen both of them before and let me tell you-don't sleep on this show!! Sub.mission is still
keepin the Mile High City hot with the fire artists from all over the globe, but their residents are no joke!!
Here's some tracks for those of you who don't know!!
| ATB | Wolfgang Gartner | Krewella | Rudee | Ecotek |
Sub.Mission Global Dub Arena featuring | ZEDS DEAD | | MiMOSA | Paul Basic | Flosstradamus | Fury |
I went to this party last year...My crew was in line waiting for almost two hours. We missed Feed Me, Jontron, and the majority of Joman's set...25 minutes in line for beers once inside the venue. I can say that we did not have the best time. Triad Dragons addressed these issues on the Facebook event page and honestly, I feel for them. First time in a new venue, over 10.000 people, yeah, they were bound to have some problems. But they now have some solutions in place for this year and it seems that they've got their shit together. I personally would not have a problem giving Decadence another shot. A SICK lineup never hurts too :) Peep the official trailer for 2013 and a few tracks from my favorites right here-
Denver's NYE has a new kid on the block- Crowne Plaza NYE Block Party stands to be just as big as Decadence this year. This is from the website:
- Count down to the New Year featuring Colorado's largest balloon drop ever
- Elevated VIP decks and cabanas with a sparkler lit toast of bubbly at midnight
- Several themed rooms featuring cover bands, DJ's, and the Bass Cave
- Novelty party hats, streamers, and noisemakers scattered throughout the party
- White out confetti cannon explosion at the stroke of midnight
- Balloon wrapped go-go dancers on towering platforms
- Theatrical dance teams, stilt walkers, and entertainers of all kinds
- Classy semi-formal to formal dress code
- Coat check provided in the hotel atrium
- Free shuttle transportation to and from nearby block party hotels
Sounds cool enough. HOWEVER, there's one fact about this party that has me chomping at the bit to be there: TIMELINE!! That's right, our friend TimeLine is droppin the filth at the stroke of midnight all over downtown Denver. And I would love to be there!! Here's his brand new video "Out of Reach"-Animation by Nick Person. His new album can be downloaded in its entirety at www.robotswithbadteeth.com