Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Michal Menert&Break Science @ Belly Up




No one puts on a show like my Pretty Lights Music cats. I've long ago lost track of how many times I've seen some of these guys live, but they never cease to amaze me. This was however my first time ever being to the Belly Up in Aspen, CO. And let me tell you, if you haven't been, GO! It's only a two and a half hour drive from Grand Junction, and about the same distance from Denver. I will say that driving back kinda sucks at 4 in the morning, but the sick shows they put on there totally makes up for it! We were lucky enough to have  Mikey Thunder open the show for us: that fellar knows how to get the fucking party started!! Unfortunately, I didn't get as much footage of him as I would have liked, but I did capture him throwing down a SICK edit of Al Green's "Love and Happiness"! It's about midway through the playlist :) Break Science was on next-I've said it before and I will say it again-Adam Deitch is one of the baddest drummers on the fucking planet!! Straight Skills. The Break Science 3/5 vid is my personal favorite for sure. Michal Menert...Michal Menert...I love this guy! I think my sickly obsession with Pretty Lights hindered me from really getting into MM at first drop from his first album, Dreaming of a Bigger Life. It wasn't until his second album, Even if It Isn't Right, that I truely started to feel his sound. I can now go back and jam the shit out of his debut album, no problem. Sometimes I guess you just need that push in the right direction :) Enjoy the video's-if the playlist isn't working for you and you'd like to pick and choose which videos to watch, click my YouTube link here on the right>>>

No comments:

Post a Comment