Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Sonic Bloom Wave 3 Artist Lineup Announced!


Where to begin? I've been to a lot of Colorado festivals, but Sonic Bloom 2013 is looking to be the most involved, across the board awesome festival I have ever been to. The lineup: AMAZING. Wave 3 was released last week and with Wave 4 still to come, I couldn't be more excited. The lineup runs the gauntlet of EDM genres; from IDM to Trap, Glitch to the grimy Dubstep, Downtempo, Livetronica and everything else in between. I've seen the festival circuit evolve in the last few years into something very different from the general idea of what you might think even a four day concert is like. Sonic Bloom is an entirely different beast all together. Complete with over 10 workshops packed into 4 days ranging from sound therapy to beginners aerial gymnastics, and that doesn't even include the daily dose of sunrise yoga sessions.  There's river rafting, hiking, art galleries, live painters, inspirational and informational speakers, festival film viewings, even a Silent Disco where everyone in a big tent has their own headset with a feed from the DJ instead of a big sound system. I tried this at Snowball earlier this year- very cool!
Of all the different festivals I have been to in Colorado, I have to say that Sonic Bloom is by far the most impressive in terms of variety of activities. I spend a lot of time defending these big shows I go to from criticism across the board. Many people, younger and older feel like these big shows and festivals are just another excuse to get buck, drop dangerous designer drugs, and have unprotected sex with strangers. While this still holds true for some, EDM has been around now for over 20 years, and most of us true heads are getting too old for that shit. We have real jobs, real families, and real responsibilities. I'm so happy that we've found a way to keep the music in our lives without needing all the sub culture bullshit that goes along with it. That's going to be a big subject of conversation in  my interviews with artists at the festival this year, so stay tuned :) Here's my part 3 of the Preparty Mixtape. Tickets are still available (BUT NOT FOR LONG) on the Sonic Bloom website. See you all in a few weeks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment